Feb 11 2015
Serve your heart on a platter this Valentines. Nothing says you’re serious about romance like a mouth watering Todaro Bros. steak created exclusively for Valentine’s Day. Simply, ask for the custom-cut at our Meat Department counter… It couldn’t be easier.
Follow our tips for grilling steaks to perfection and take your entree up a few love notches by incorporating this fantastic Porcini and Bacon Sauce Recipe.
Quick and easy tips to making a great steak:
1. Take your premium cut Todaro steak out of the refridgerator and make sure it is room temp. prior to cooking.
2. Salt generously with sea salt and some fresh black pepper.
3. Make sure you pan is very hot (Test with a flick of water, should sizzle and splatter immediatly.)
4. Grill approx. three minutes on each side, give or take for preference, allow steaks to get a nice carmalized exterior while maintaining a relativley pink interior.
5. 30 seconds prior to taking steaks off, finish with a tablespoon of butter per steak (if not more.)
6. Finally, and very important, let steaks rest for at least five minutes prior to serving. This keeps the juices in and allows the essential flavor of the meat to reach it’s climax. while maintaining a relativley pink interior.